Saturday 12 February 2011

New mittens

I picked a teary Harriet up from school yesterday. She had lost one of her mittens. They were ones I made over a year ago so they had served the girl well. I immediately offered to make her some more (it's a win win as it fulfills both my duties as a mother and knitter). We had pre-arranged an after school trip to the craft shop which was very convenient as I could also pick up fresh supplies of yarn. Yes, I should be knitting them from my stash but Harriet requested rainbow mittens and I really couldn't face sewing in all those ends.

I went for Sirdar Click Aran in Verve. I used 4mm needles and 3.75mm for the cuffs. I am very pleased with how they turned out and Harriet was very pleased to find them waiting in her bedroom when she woke up this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment